School of Art: International Students and Scholars Request

The following form is used to request international student and scholar visits. Please read the information below before proceeding.


The items below need to be completed in order to fulfill your request. 

Please complete the Petition to Host International Scholar using this link: PETITION TO HOST INTERNATIONAL SCHOLAR 

Please download, fill out, and email Hayes the Invitation Letter using the template found here: INVITATION LETTER 

J-1 Exchange Visitor Categories include:

  • Short-Term Scholar: For a stay of six months or less, for the purpose of lecturing, observing, consulting, training, or demonstrating special skills; for a stay up to six months.
  • Research Scholar: Primarily conducting research, observing, or consulting in connection with a research project; may also teach or lecture; for a stay up to five years.
  • Professor: Primarily teaching, lecturing, observing, or consulting; may also conduct research; for a stay up to five years.
  • Specialist: Expert in a field of specialized knowledge or skill, coming to the U.S. to observe, consult, or demonstrate special skills; for a stay up to one year (Only available in consultation with the ISS Office).

Please allow ample time for the visitor to obtain a visa. Generally speaking, at least one month lead time should be allowed; in some circumstances, more time may be required.